Subject: Re: Re: dual boot iso
From: Marko Friedemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:12:14 +0200
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.ports.xbox.user
List-Id: <xbox-linux-user.lists.sourceforge.net>

Rob Gingher schrieb:

> David Pye <d.m.pye <at> herts.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> You need to do no magic to get default.xbe to boot on the xbox - it
>> doesnt matter what the boot catalog etc says - the xbe is loaded
>> as a normal file would be - if there is a file on a UDF iso called
>> default.xbe the xbox loads it!
> 
> So, if I get you right, the mkisofs command should specify isolinux.bin as the 
> boot parameter, not default.xbe, correct?

If you want it to boot on PC and mkisofs w/ that isolinux.bin happens to 
create a (PC-BIOS-) bootable CD image then yes.

> The mere presence of default.xbe causes an xbox to boot it, not a
> pointer from the MBR.

Yes, but only a modified or otherwise prepared xbox will, of course.

Marko
-- 
"Unsere Webseite arbeitet größtenteils mit CGI Scripts. Dies wird
  meines Wissens von Mozilla nicht unterstützt. Verwenden Sie bitte
  einen anderen Browser."        -- Helmut S. - Technischer Support

-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email sponsored by Black Hat Briefings & Training.
Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training, Las Vegas July 24-29 - 
digital self defense, top technical experts, no vendor pitches, 
unmatched networking opportunities. Visit www.blackhat.com